Friday, March 16, 2007

Sub-Project Alpha

'Sup folks.

I've begun work on Mereel's primary weapon, the Merr-Sonn Munitions, Inc. Z-6 Rotary Blaster Cannon (featured in the Clone Wars microseries and Karen Traviss' novel Republic Commando: Triple Zero). Here's a screenshot from the microseries for your viewing pleasure:



Obviously, I'll be streamlining the design a bit...adapting it from the somewhat crude (yet fantastic) animation of the cartoon. And that's leaving out the practical reasons! I'll be utilizing a Black & Decker BV2500 leaf blower as the base component (pics below):




Here's a concept sketch of what I hope the Z-6 will look like when I've finished:


(No need to needle me on the barrels...I already know they're 'bent'. I guess more art classes are in order, eh?) I'll be working on the internal modifications next, as well as the 'joystick' handgrip (and the trigger mechanism to fit inside it) and the power supply conversion (from AC to DC). After that, the barrel assembly will be up at bat. More pics and/or updates coming soon.



-Josh "Fordo" Ford
(a.k.a. Mand'alor on TDH forums)

No comments: